Welcome to the Malwarebytes family!
Malwarebytes protects against the latest ransomware, including BadRabbit.
Four layers of malware-crushing tech.
Malwarebytes for Windows ("Malwarebytes") is an "AV replacement." It is not an AV. It does not incorporate the same old engine for file-infectors and other malware that you find in a typical AV or Internet security suite, the large and inefficient library of signatures, or the bloatware features which are becoming more prevalent.
You don’t need to pay for a traditional AV anymore! At Malwarebytes, we have always approached things differently and, as many people know based on their own positive experience with Malwarebytes finding and remediating malware that gets past AVs, we know a thing or two about zero-day malware and their infection tactics. We have always believed that no one product can do it all, and the free AV that comes with modern operating systems, in conjunction with Malwarebytes is all you will ever need.
Specialized ransomware protection.
In today’s modern threat world, bad guys have learned how to evade AV protection, making it more important than ever before to be able to disrupt attacks in as many different stages of the attack chain as possible. Malwarebytes, layered with the AV (which is the default mode) or as your stand-alone defense, is the most effective approach against modern threats. And if all else fails, you need the best remediation technology available.
Announcing Malwarebytes for Windows
Malwarebytes for Windows is a next-generation antivirus replacement. The first of its kind for home users, Malwarebytes for Windows employs four independent technology modulesЧanti-malware, anti-ransomware, anti-exploit, and malicious website protectionЧto block and remove both known and unknown threats.
Full protection or simple disinfection?
Download Malwarebytes for Windows for free and you get 14 days of full real-time protection. After the 14 days are up, Malwarebytes for Windows reverts to a very limited but still free version that will only disinfect your computer after an attack. We recommend the full real-time protection of Malwarebytes for Windows Premium to prevent infection in the first place.
- Real-time protection
- Detects malware automatically, before it can infect.
- Shields vulnerable systems and software from exploit attacks.
- Stops ransomware attacks before your data is held hostage.
- Malicious website protection
- Prevents access to and from known malicious webpages.
- Detects and removes malware and advanced threats.
- Removes rootkits and repairs the files they damage.
This version of Malwarebytes for Windows contains many improvements and bug fixes.
- Performance/Protective Capabilities
- Improved memory usage
- Reinstalling with an older installer will no longer downgrade update packages
- Improved self-protection module stability and resiliency
- Numerous enhanced malware protection techniques and remediation capabilities
- Clicking "Install Application Updates" button now downloads available component updates and releases regardless of limits in place for automatic update delivery
- Added a button to access the "Malwarebytes My Account" portal from in-app My Account Screen
- Added new setting that allows you to opt in to automatically receive beta component updates and full releases
- Minor user interface redesigns, including confirmation of scan completion post-reboot
What it does for you
- Protects you from advanced threats
- Detects and removes malware in real-time with advanced anti-malware, anti-spyware, and anti-rootkit technology. Scans for the newest and most dangerous threats automatically, so you’re protected without having to even think about it.
- Protects your files
- Stops unknown and known ransomware with proprietary next-gen technology that works proactively to shield your files. This is a powerful, comprehensive defense that blocks ransomware, and not a simple decryption tool. So you’re protected from tomorrow’s УRansomware Attack! Ф headlines today.
- Prevents your programs
- Wraps your browser and software programs in four layers of defense, stopping attacks that use vulnerabilities in those programs to infect your computer.
- Protects you from fake
- Detects and prevents contact with fake websites and malicious links. You are proactively protected from downloading malware, hacking attempts, and infected advertising. Worried about wandering into a УbadФ Internet neighborhood? Now you don’t have to be.
- Scans faster, scans smarter
- Lightning-fast Hyper Scan mode targets only the threats that are currently active. Faster analysis. Still gets results. Run a scan in the background while you boot up your favorite game. It’s done by the time you’re ready to play.
Malwarebytes for Windows tech specs
- Languages Available
- Bulgarian, Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish.
- Hardware Requirements
- 800MHz CPU or faster, with SSE2 technology, 2048 MB (64-bit OS), 1024 MB (32-bit OS, except 512 MB for Windows XP), 250 MB of free hard disk space, 1024x768 or higher screen resolution
- Software requirements
- Active Internet connection, Windows 10 (32/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit), Windows 8 (32/64-bit), Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or later, 32/64-bit)*, Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit only)*
*The anti-ransomware protection component is only available on Windows 7 or higher