What’s New in PaintShop Pro 2022?
Behind every show-stopping image is real intelligence. Highly effective features and tools powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning technology make creating something truly original, achievable.
- Frame Tool
- The all-new Frame tool makes placing raster objects into shapes quick, easy and intuitive. Designed to accelerate the creation of digital layouts, work with a variety of frame shapes and sizes to achieve a desired look. Draw frames to use as handy placeholders or draw frames over a selected object, image or text for a polished result.
- AI Background Replacement
- Replace the background of an image automatically with powerful immersive technology. The new AI Background Replacement detects people in a photo to seamlessly replace a background. Experiment with different scenes, color schemes, or create a fantasy land of your own.
- AI Portrait Mode
- Immersive technology automatically analyzes and applies a complimentary bokeh blur to the background of your image for professional-looking portraits guaranteed to standout.
- AI Style Transfer
- Explore new advanced adjustments to AI Style Transfer and apply even more artistic features to your images. Use new Smooth Image and Color Match sliders for pristine results integrated in the Instant Effect panel in all workspaces.
- File Support
- Open and edit iPhone photos saved in high-efficiency image files (HEIC, HIF).
- Welcome Screen Experience
- PaintShop Pro’s Welcome screen is enhanced with you in mind, offering a helpful new Workspace tab with built-in tutorials and learning content to help you master the product with ease.
- Creative content
- At the very core of PaintShop Pro is creativity. Which is why we’ve added new brushes, color palettes, gradients, patterns, and picture tubes conveniently built into PaintShop Pro for you to explore.
Your digital world is always brighter with PaintShop Pro 2022
Get all the color and brightness you’ve been missing! Whether you want one-click fixes or advanced photo editing tools, you can do it faster and easier with the power of AI and a customizable toolset.
A complete photo-editing studio
- Enhance photos with AI
- Rely on artificial intelligence and machine learning technology to enhance images with one-click to instantly make every photo, the best photo.
- Edit photos like a pro
- Edit, retouch, and correct your photography with a comprehensive toolset designed for all skill levels.
- Create graphics and designs
- Work with intuitive text, brushes, textures, patterns, drawing, and painting tools to produce inspiring designs.
- Choose from multiple workspaces
- PaintShop Pro is all about selection and customization, offering multiple workspaces you can make your own to work most efficiently.
- Add effects for impact
- Experiment with hundreds of creative filters and fun effects to make your photos personal and original to share and print.
Real. Intelligent. Creative.
Get exactly the results you want with PaintShop Pro’s innovative tools and features.
- Powerful photography tools and features
- Depend on a versatile range of professional image editing tools to make every shot, the best shot.
- Essential tools
- Easily crop areas of your photo to alter the focus using composition guides, Golden Ratio and Rule of Thirds. Resize with ease using one of several presets, or resize by pixels, percentage or print size. Restore and repair old photos with the Scratch Remover and Fade Correction tools to enhance contrast and color to faded photos.
- Adjustment tools
- Alter your photos using a wide variety of powerful adjustment tools, including Brightness and Contrast, Fill Light and Clarity, Fade Correction, White Balance, Hue and Saturation, Noise Removal, Vibrancy, Sharpening, color correction, and tonal levels and curves.
- Selection and Correction tools
- Isolate the area you want to select with a variety of Selection tools and enhance your selection with the Refine Brush. Automatically correct distortions, vignetting and chromatic aberrations in your photos with Lens Correction tools and use the Straighten tool to fix a crooked horizon, or the Perspective Correction tool to make a photo appear as though it was taken from a different angle.
- RAW, HDR, and 360° camera support
- Manage and save metadata in your RAW files with PaintShop Pro’s RAW Lab and correct problem areas, such as recovering blown highlights or adjusting shadows. Combine several photos of the same scene with different exposures to create one stunning HDR photo. Edit photographs taken with a 360° degree camera by straightening a photo with rotation or make it appear levelled. Remove and automatically replace a tripod or produce an interesting ‘planet-like’ effect.
- Time saving tools
- Reduce repetition and accelerate complex photo-editing actions with Scripts. Record a series of edits as a script to apply to any photo, anytime. Automate edits on multiple photos at once with batch processing like adding a watermark, picture frame, or simply resizing.
Explore new tools powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning to improve your photos in no time.
- AI-powered tools
- Intricate and time consuming edits just got so much easier with the new technology engineered into PaintShop Pro. Enlarge an image without unwanted distortion with AI Upsampling, remove artifacts and noise from your photos with one click using AI Artifact Removal or AI Denoise, and stylize your photos with artistic effects using AI Style Transfer.
- Content-aware tools
- Remove flaws, objects and distractions with the Object Remover or try content-aware editing tools, like SmartClone, Magic Move and Magic Fill, to automatically fill empty areas. Eliminate red-eye, blemished and unwanted lines or smooth wrinkles, whiten teeth and even out skin tones with Makeover and retouching tools.
- One-click corrections and instant effects
- Let One Step Photo Fix automatically apply color and sharpening corrections or use Smart Photo Fix to fine-tune settings for a perfect photo. Browse hundreds of effects, including preset filters, 3D, artistic, illumination and reflection, to add drop shadows and borders to images, or turn photos into a sketch or painting.