PaintShop Pro 2020 what’s new
Push your creative boundaries with powerful new photo editing and design tools and features powered by cutting-edge technology.
- Clone technology at its finest. The all-new, content-aware SmartClone feature allows you to easily merge elements from multiple images and seamlessly integrate them into one. SmartClone capabilities are diverse and can be used for simple retouches to interesting designs and compositions.
- Photography Workspace
- Touch-ready, highly simplified workspace that allows you to focus exclusively on quick photo edits for wow-factor results.
- Refine Brush
- The Selection tool just got so much stronger. A Refine Brush has been added to your Selection toolset to enable you to select an object with extreme precision and accuracy, down to a single strand of hair. You’ll have to see it to believe it.
See the world through a new lens
Experience an all-in-one photo editor and graphic design software that will change the way you edit photos.
User inspired features
PaintShop Pro continues to be inspired by its users whose feedback is the driving force behind every innovation.
- Powerful adjustment tools
- Edit, crop, resize, remove noise, sharpen, enhance colors, use curves and levels and correct photos taken with a 360-degree camera by rotating or making them level or producing ‘planet-like’ effects.
- Precise retouching
- Touch up your photos with high precision selection or cloning tools, photo restoration, makeover tools and flaw removal effects. Fix lens issues, distortions and chromatic aberrations with intuitive functions.
- Artistic photo compositions
- Use multiple layers and masks to create incredible photos and graphic design projects. Add your special touch with painting and drawing tools and creative content like patterns, gradients and colour palettes.
- Complete RAW & HDR control
- PaintShop Pro’s RAW lab arms you with powerful RAW image editing capabilities, including before and after preview options. Create stunning HDR photos by combining multiple exposures.
- Save time
- Work faster with batch processing and scripts and support for nearly any file format you want.
Choose your path with multiple workspaces
Find the workspace that suits your photo editing needs and style.
- Complete Workspace
- For prolific photo editors and designers, the Complete Workspace allows you to access the power of PaintShop Pro with professional level photo editing, designing and organizing features.
- Essentials Workspace
- If you would like to do a little more than quick photo fixes, simply select the Essentials Workspace and challenge yourself with advanced editing and design tools.
- Photography Workspace
- Just starting off in the world of photo editing? The all-new touch-ready Photography Workspace is built just for you! This sleek and intuitive interface with a focus on one-click solutions and fixes makes photo editing a breeze.
Creative design power
Access a wide range of built-in templates to create collages, greeting cards, social media images, web banners, brochures and so much more. Play with photo stamps, Bokeh or Retro tools and a variety of fun filters and effects to effortlessly transform your photos.
Save, organize and share
PaintShop Pro values not just your creativity, but also the practical aspects of saving, transferring, organizing and sharing your assets.
- Organize and manage your projects. Easily export to Photoshop, Painter or CorelDRAW and continue working.
- Save your work in multiple formats and upload and share with family and friends.
- Experience less disruptions with autosaving.
Accelerated tools & power
- The Text tool has undergone impressive enhancements to both speed and responsiveness, and delivers noticeable improvements in rendering, inputting, editing, and wrapping.
- Creative content
- At the very core of PaintShop Pro is creativity. Which is why we’ve added new brushes, color palettes, gradients, patterns and picture tubes. Download the new patterns from the Welcome Book, and find the rest of the new content already built into PaintShop Pro.
- Legacy features
- The most commonly used tools in PaintShop Pro were thoroughly analyzed and improved to provide you with the most seamless experience yet. Influenced by direct user feedback, try out numerous improvements to PaintShop Pro’s performance, stability and features guaranteed to impress.
- Depth of Field
- Experience an amazing increase in precision while using the Depth of Field feature on your Crop toolbar.
- Layers setting
- Quickly replicate all style attributes from one layer to another, with a simple click, within a single or multiple documents.
Features fueling your photo editing software
Get exactly the results you want with PaintShop Pro’s innovative tools and features. Enjoy a full-featured photo and design toolset to help you create just about anything with ease.
- RAW Lab
- HDR effects
- Plugin support
- Draw and paint
- Batch processing
- Layers and Masks
- 360° photo editing
- Retouch and restore
- Artificial Intelligence
PaintShop Pro 2020 System Requirements
- Internet Explorer version 10 or higher
- DirectX 9 or higher compatible video adapter with the latest driver
- Internet connection required for online features and tutorial videos
- 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended for 360° photo, SmartClone, and Pic-to-Painting plugin support)
- Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7 with the latest service pack (64-bit or 32-bit editions)
- 1.5 GB of available hard-disk space required (3 GB recommended for Pic-to-Painting plugin support)
- Intel Core i-series (Celeron and Pentium after 2012 included) or AMD Fusion and above (Intel IvyBridge or AMD Ryzen and above recommended for Pic-to-Painting Plugin support)
- 1366x 768 resolution with 16-bit color display (1920x1080 resolution with 24-bit or higher color display recommended). Up to 250 DPI supported with appropriate resolution display