Up to 100% increased PC speed: There is nothing worse than when you want to do something on your PC and your computer is running slow. A disk defragmenter used regularly can speed up a PC of any age and get it working like new again!
Don’t let a slow computer spoil your work or fun! Let O&O Defrag 25 optimize your hard disks and – New! – SSDs and you can experience speed increases of up to 100%! Regular disk defragmentation optimizes your PC performance!
When you defragment, the files that Windows splits up when saving documents across the hard disk or SSD are put back in order again so that files can be quickly recognized and found by the SSD or the read and write heads inside your HDD. Speed increases of up to 100% are not uncommon, and your hardware suffers much less wear and tear!
Analysing a drive’s state of health with S.M.A.R.T.
In O&O Defrag 25 the S.M.A.R.T. functionality has been integrated for the very first time. This indicates the “health status” of hard disks, SSDs and RAIDs whenever there is any problem. Such a problem could be a high temperature or an error reported by the drive itself. If there is anything unusual going on, a message will be displayed in the Windows Action Center.
O&O Defrag 25 supports Windows Compact OS
Many new things have been added to the O&O Defrag 25 engine that make using it, especially under Windows 10, even better. That‘s why version 25 now supports the Windows 10-integrated feature for compressing system files so that more space can be kept free.
“Install & That’s All”
After installation, no further settings need to be configured. The program selects and implements the defragmentation method best suited to the system.
If you spend a lot of time on your PC, slow system and program starts or system crashes while playing can be very frustrating. Periodic defragmentation often works wonders in bringing new life to a PC.
- SOLID method
- By customer request, O&O Software has developed the defragmentation method SOLID in order to offer the user a choice adapted to his or her needs: SOLID/Complete and SOLID/Quick. Both methods sustainably extend the life of the SSD but differ in terms of the duration and protection of the hardware.
- O&O DiskCleaner
- The brand new in-built O&O DiskCleaner searches for and removes temporary and unnecessary files that are taking up memory and increasing fragmentation. O&O DiskCleaner also increases the security of your data, as private content (e.g. Thumbs.db, copies of documents, drafts of emails, Dumps) will no longer be kept as copies in unnecessary system files.
- Benefits of a clearly laid out hard disk
- Whenever it saves data, Windows scatters file fragments all over the hard disk and this slows down access times considerably. Defragmentation reverses this by rearranging data and speeding up access times dramatically. This not only saves the user time, it also reduces wear on hard disks and extends their life expectancy. Defragmentation can even make the difference if you lose important data because chances of full recovery are better on a defragmented disk. Why? After defragmentation, it’s easier for data recovery software such as O&O DiskRecovery to restore files when they’re not scattered across multiple areas of a hard disk.
- Automatic background defragmentation
- Automatic defragmentation can be configured with just three clicks and optimizes your disks behind the scenes with no negative impact on your computer’s performance. You can set O&O Defrag 25 to run defragmentation at a certain level of fragmentation, on particular days of the week, or whenever your screensaver is being used. Defragmentation can be paused and resumed whenever you want because O&O Defrag 25 automatically recognizes where defragmentation was interrupted.
Technological guarantee: fully functional under Windows 11
O&O Software guarantees that its top products will be fully functional with the final version of the new Windows 11. This means that all these products will be either directly usable under Windows 11 upon their release or a compatible version will be made available. This operability will be ensured by either low-cost upgrades or, in the case of minor upgrades (smaller version changes such as from 25.0 to 25.5), provided free of charge.
- Defragmentation of locked files
- Lifetime Performance Statistics
- Even faster system and program starts
- Optimizing systems with Thin Provisioning
- Defragmentation time reduced by up to 40%
- Easy-to-Use: Ideal for Beginners and Professionals
- Fragment Filter to identify the most fragmented files on a drive
- Supports 64 bit versions of Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Time View to see which defragmentation activity results in which successful optimization
- SOLID/Complete: This method, developed specifically for SSDs, is a thorough optimization of the SSD
- SOLID/Quick: This method, developed specifically for SSDs, performs a superficial optimization of the SSD, such as erasing the free space. This method is gentler and faster
- “Install & That’s All”: After installation, no further settings need to be configured. The programselects and implements the defragmentation method best suited to the system
- ClusterView with SSDs: In order to represent the degree of fragmentation of an SSD, the ClusterView now maps the logical structure of an SSD so that, accordingly, 6 blocks are combined into one